INFORMATION SYSTEMS MADE SIMPLE
cns247 security news
- PyPI's 2FA Requirements Don't Go Far Enough, Researchers Sayby Tara Seals, Managing Editor, News, Dark Reading on June 2, 2023 at 8:39 pm
The Python Package Index will require developers to better secure their accounts as cyberattacks ramp up, but protecting the software supply chain will take more than that.
- 'PostalFurious' SMS Attacks Target UAE Citizens for Data Theftby Dan Raywood, Senior Editor, Dark Reading on June 2, 2023 at 7:21 pm
SMS campaigns targeting members of the public in the United Arab Emirates have been detected.
- 'Picture-in-Picture' Obfuscation Spoofs Delta, Kohl's for Credential Harvestingby Nathan Eddy, Contributing Writer, Dark Reading on June 2, 2023 at 4:36 pm
A recent campaign tricks victims into visiting credential harvesting sites by hiding malicious URLs behind photos advertising deals from trusted brands.
- Streamers Ditch Netflix for Dark Web After Password Sharing Banby Nate Nelson, Contributing Writer, Dark Reading on June 2, 2023 at 3:51 pm
Disgruntled users are pursuing offers for "full Netflix access" at steeply discounted rates.
- Want Sustainable Security? Find Middle Ground Between Tech & Educationby Johanna Baum, CEO & Founder, Strategic Security Solutions (S3) on June 2, 2023 at 2:00 pm
The winning recipe for sustainable security combines strategic user education and tactical automation of well-constructed processes.
- Apple Zero-Days, iMessage Used in 4-Year, Ongoing Spying Effortby Jai Vijayan, Contributing Writer, Dark Reading on June 2, 2023 at 1:51 pm
Russia's FSB intelligence agency says the zero-click attacks range far beyond Kaspersky, and it has blamed them on the United States' NSA. Those allegations are thus far uncorroborated.